|提及的人：||Isaac Erwin Avery; Zane Grey; George Erwin Gullett Stephens; Sophie Myers Stephens Martin; Kemp P Battle; Stevens family.; Martin family.; Myers family.|
George Erwin Gullett Stephens
|注意：||In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#1487).|
|描述：||ca. 500 items (1.0 linear feet)|
Personal and professional papers of George Erwin Gullett Stephens. Included are letters, 1906, to Stephens about the work of Isaac Erwin Avery, a fellow journalist; a photograph of and correspondence with Kemp P. Battle and author Zane Grey; and letters and other papers, 1915-1946, concerning the construction of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and general political and economic developments in western North Carolina. The addition of 2005 is chiefly correspondence of Sophie Myers Stephens that documents family life, health concerns, and social activities of the Stephens and Martin families, especially while she was at school, traveling in Europe, and during her marriage to Edward Watts Martin. Sophie Myers Stephens's correspondents include her parents; her brother and his wife Eleanor Stephens; and her husband and his mother Lena Penington Martin. There is some miscellaneous correspondence. Also included are a few photographs and other materials relating to the Myers family of Charlotte, N.C., and to the crowning of Sophie Myers Stephens as queen of the 1935 Rhododendron Festival of Asheville, N.C.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- Avery, Isaac Erwin, -- 1871-1904.
- Blue Ridge Parkway (N.C. and Va.) -- History.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History.
- Grey, Zane, -- 1872-1939.
- Journalists -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century.
- National parks and reserves -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century.
- North Carolina -- Economic conditions.
- North Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950.
- Real estate agents -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century.
- Stephens, George Erwin Gullett, -- 1873-1946.
- Families -- North Carolina -- Social life and customs.
- Martin, Sophie Myers Stephens.
- Europe -- Description and travel.
- Women -- Education -- North Carolina.
- Beauty contestants -- North Carolina.
- Asheville (N.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Asheville (N.C.) -- History.
- Marriage -- North Carolina.
- Courtship -- North Carolina -- History -- 20th century.
- Battle, Kemp P. -- (Kemp Plummer), -- 1831-1919.
- Charlotte (N.C.) -- History.
- Stevens family.
- Martin family.
- Myers family.