Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Trials, litigation, etc|
|Named Person:||George Manning Tracy; Thomas G Talmadge|
|Material Type:||Government publication, State or province government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
George Manning Tracy; Samuel Lee Seldon; Thomas G Talmage; Francis Kernan; William Mitchell; North American Trust and Banking Company (New York, N.Y.); Indiana.
|Notes:||At head of caption title: Court of Appeals.
Claims presented against the North American Trust and Banking Co., on behalf of the State of Indiana, based on a written agreement between the North American Trust and Banking Co., a free bank, and the Morris Canal and Banking Co., allegedly acting as agent for the State of Indiana, to sell the bonds of the State of Indiana. "The general ground upon which the claim is resisted is, that it arises upon an illegal contract"--cf. p. .
F. Kernan, reporter; p. 36 by error has A. Kernan, reporter.
Contains opinions of Justices Selden and Mitchell.
|Description:||36 p. ; 23 cm.|
- Tracy, George Manning -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Talmadge, Thomas G. -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Free banking -- New York (State)
- Illegal contracts -- New York (State)
- State bonds -- Indiana.
- North American Trust and Banking Company (New York, N.Y.) -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Morris Canal and Banking Company.