Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||George Garrett; Sylvia Wilkinson; Fred Chappell; Reynolds Price; Madison Smartt Bell|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
George Garrett; Fred Chappell
The Alphabetical Correspondence Subseries: Group A contains letters from numerous contemporary American authors, among them Madison Smartt Bell, who wrote regarding the progress of his fiction, his experience with publishers and literary agents, and his interview with Garrett for PARIS REVIEW; and Fred Chappell, whose letters provide commentary on his own works THE INKLING and DAGON as well as praise for Garrett's DEATH OF THE FOX, THE MAGIC STRIPTEASE, and WELCOME TO THE MEDICINE SHOW. The Writings by Others Subseries contains Bell's interview with Garrett, in which Garrett discusses his writing process, and critical essays by Fred Chappell (including one on Garrett's THE STRANGER IN THE MIRROR and one on the work of Sylvia Wilkinson). The Proofs Subseries contains a proof of Reynolds Price's COLLECTED STORIES, with brief comments by Garrett.
- Garrett, George, -- 1929-2008.
- Wilkinson, Sylvia, -- 1940-
- Chappell, Fred, -- 1936- -- Correspondence.
- Price, Reynolds, -- 1933-2011.
- Bell, Madison Smartt -- Correspondence.
- American literature -- Southern States.
- Periodical editors -- United States -- Correspondence.
- Literature -- Study and teaching.
- Motion picture plays.
- Authors and publishers.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence.