Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Manuscripts (for publication)
|Named Person:||George Yeisley Rusk; Philip Bard; C West Churchman; Gardner Murphy; Theodore Halbert Wilson|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
George Yeisley Rusk
|Description:||5.4 linear ft. (4 record center boxes, 1 document box)|
The bulk of the collection consists of Rusk's published and unpublished writings on mainly philosophical and religious subjects. Included also are financial records, papers related to societies and organizations, research on a planned resident community in Columbia, Md., and notes and recommendations from Rusk's tenure at the University of Baltimore. Rusk's personal life is not well represented. Most correspondence deals with Rusk's efforts to secure positions or publish an article. Other material relates to two organizations founded by Rusk: Society for Religious Culture and the Society for Psychic Studies. Holographic sermons, most likely written in the 1920s, are the final items in the collection.
- Rusk, George Yeisley, -- 1891-1982 -- Archives.
- Bard, Philip, -- 1898-1977.
- Churchman, C. West -- (Charles West), -- 1913-2004.
- Murphy, Gardner, -- 1895-1979.
- Wilson, Theodore Halbert.
- University of Baltimore.
- College teachers -- United States -- Archives.
- Culture conflict.
- Gestalt psychology.
- Life care communities -- Planning.
- Philosophers -- United States -- Archives.
- Philosophy -- Study and teaching -- United States.
- Retirement communities -- Planning.
- Socialism -- United States.
- Socialism -- United States -- History -- Sources.
- Theologians -- United States -- Archives.
- Columbia (Md.)