Documentary television programs
Nonfiction television programs
Television programs for the hearing impaired
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Judith Vecchione; Raul Julia; Marc de Beaufort; James Rutenbeck; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); Central Independent Television.; Channel Four (Great Britain); Columbia University. School of International and Public Affairs.; Florida International University. Latin American and Caribbean Center.; Tufts University.; WGBH Educational Foundation.; Annenberg/CPB Collection (Firm)
|語言註釋：||Predominantly in English. Some dialogue in Spanish with English subtitles & voiceovers. Closed-captioned.|
|注意：||Originally produced as an episode of the television program Americas in 1993.|
|餘額：||Camera, Graham Johnson ; editor, James Rutenbeck.|
|表演者：||Narrator, Raul Julia.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (57 min.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.|
|叢書名：||Americas, no. 8.|
|其他題名：||Americas (Television program).
Problems of sovereignty
|責任：||written, produced, and directed by Marc DeBeaufort ; executive producer, Judith Vecchione ; a production of WGBH Boston and Central Television Enterprises for Channel 4, UK ; in association with the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University, [The] Latin American and Caribbean Center at Florida International University, and Tufts University ; WGBH Educational Foundation.|
A look at the issue of sovereignty, as illustrated by the contemporary histories of Jamaica & Colombia. Examines political, economic and social problems in these countries as well as the effects of intervention by the United States in their affairs.
- Jamaica -- Politics and government -- 1962-
- Jamaica -- Economic conditions -- 20th century.
- Jamaica -- Social conditions -- 20th century.
- Jamaica -- Foreign relations -- United States.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Jamaica.
- Colombia -- Politics and government -- 1974-
- Colombia -- Economic conditions -- 1970-
- Colombia -- Social conditions -- 1970-
- Colombia -- Foreign relations -- United States.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Colombia.
- Diplomatic relations.
- Economic history.
- Politics and government.
- Social conditions.
- United States.