Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Allen C Guelzo
|Notes:||"This is a Borzoi book"--Title page verso.|
|Description:||xix, 632 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||The march up. People who will not give in --
There were never such men in an army before --
This campaign is going to end this show --
A perfectly surplus body of men --
Victory will inevitably attend our arms --
A goggle-eyed old snapping turtle --
A universal panic prevails --
You will have to fight like the devil to hold your own --
The first day. The devil's to pay --
You stand alone, between the Rebel Army and your homes! --
The Dutch run and leave us to fight --
Go in, South Carolina! --
If the enemy is there to-morrow, we must attack him --
The second day. One of the bigger bubbles of the scum --
You are to hold this ground at all costs --
I have never been in a hotter place --
The supreme moment of the war had come --
Remember Harper's Ferry! --
We are the Louisiana Tigers! --
Let us have no more retreats --
The third day. The general plan of attack was unchanged --
Are you going to do your duty today? --
The shadow of a cloud across a sunny field --
As clear a defeat as our army ever met with --
There is bad faith somewhere --
To sweep & plunder the battle grounds.
|Responsibility:||Allen C. Guelzo.|
- Confederate States of America. -- Army. -- Pickett's Division.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army of Northern Virginia.
- Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives.
- Gettysburg -- Schlacht.
- Pennsylvania -- Gettysburg.
- United States.
User lists with this item (11)
- E—HISTORY OF THE AMERICAS(94 items)
by richlyninfo updated about 4 hours ago
- Gordon2016(21 items)
by mkmmax updated 2016-12-16
- New Books 2015/16(491 items)
by sjcnewbooks updated 2016-06-30
- "E & F" Lamson's Newest Acquisitions in American History(115 items)
by LamsonFitz updated 2016-04-05
- Library Catalog - Wendy Walter(114 items)
by wgw55 updated 2015-09-04