|提及的人：||George Mallory; Andrew Irvine; Andrew Irvine; George Mallory|
Jochen Hemmleb; Larry A Johnson; Eric R Simonson
|ISBN:||0898866995 : HRD 9780898866995 : HRD|
|描述：||205 p. : ill. ; 25X23 cm.|
|責任：||by Jochen Hemmleb, Larry A. Johnson, and Eric R. Simonson of the expedition team that found Mallory on Everest as told to William E. Nothdurft.|
For three quarters of a century, adventure enthusiasts around the globe have speculated about the fate of British mountaineers George Mallory and Andrew Irvine. Did they reach the peak of Mount Everest before disappearing on June 6, 1924? How did they die? What was their fatal mistake? In 1999, the Mallory & Irvine Research Expedition set out to answer these questions by retracing the steps of the doomed climbers and in The Ghosts of Everest, they share their findings.
- Mountaineering -- Everest, Mount (China and Nepal)
- Mallory, George, -- 1886-1924.
- Irvine, Andrew, -- 1902-1924.
- Mountaineers -- Great Britain -- Biography.
- Everest, Mount (China and Nepal) -- Description and travel.
- Asia -- Mount Everest.
- Great Britain.