|提及的人：||Maxwell Anderson; Lawrence Durrell; Randall Jarrell; Upton Sinclair; John Masefield; James Thurber; E B White; Clifton Fadiman; Juvenal.|
|語言註釋：||Material is in English.|
|描述：||51 boxes, 1 oversized folder.|
Although there are almost none of Highet's book manuscripts, there are hundreds of pages of notes and bibliographies for all his major works as well as manuscripts and typescripts for his articles, essays, and lectures. Extensive notes exist for THE CLASSICAL TRADITION, JUVENAL, THE SATIRIST, and THE SPEECHES IN VERGIL'S AENEID. Of particular interest are the approximately 500 photographs Highet took himself to illustrate POETS IN A LANDSCAPE. Background materials for his teaching, research, and many of his shorter pieces are classified in several subject files: Greek Authors, Greek Themes, Latin Authors, Latin Themes, and General Subject File. These files contain manuscripts, notes, some correspondence, and much printed material. Among the printed materials are 115 dissertations, offprints, and articles on Juvenal, chiefly 19th and 20th century European dissertations.
- Anderson, Maxwell, -- 1888-1959.
- Durrell, Lawrence.
- Jarrell, Randall, -- 1914-1965.
- Sinclair, Upton, -- 1878-1968.
- Masefield, John, -- 1878-1967.
- Thurber, James, -- 1894-1961.
- White, E. B. -- (Elwyn Brooks), -- 1899-1985.
- Fadiman, Clifton, -- 1904-1999.
- Columbia University -- Faculty.
- Columbia University -- Students.
- Alfred A. Knopf, Inc.
- Oxford University Press.
- Curtis Brown Ltd.
- Book-of-the-Month Club.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- Greek literature -- Study and teaching.
- Greek language -- Study and teaching.
- Latin language -- Study and teaching.
- Authors, Latin.
- Authors, Greek.
- Radio programs.