Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Fiction, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||Pulitzer Prize, Fiction, 2005.|
|Description:||247 pages ; 22 cm.|
|Series Title:||Gilead, bk. 1|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Good Read, well written
This book tells the story of an individual struggling with serious theological and social questions. It succeeds both as a book of ideas and a credible fiction.
This book is written as though it were a series of letters from a narrator, named John Ames, to his son. Ames had married...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Conflict of generations -- Fiction.
- Reminiscing in old age -- Fiction.
- Children of clergy -- Fiction.
- Fathers and sons -- Fiction.
- Grandfathers -- Fiction.
- Clergy -- Fiction.
- Kansas -- Fiction.
- Children of clergy.
- Conflict of generations.
- Fathers and sons.
- Reminiscing in old age.
User lists with this item (42)
- Read Me (contemporary fiction)(144 items)
by schusterp updated about a month ago
- Fiction(108 items)
by fulmerford updated about a month ago
- Christanity Today Book Award for Fiction(13 items)
by dordtlibrary updated about a month ago
- A Good Read(31 items)
by carteretlibraries updated 2015-06-12
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction(74 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2015-05-14