Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Fiction, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Awards:||Pulitzer Prize, Fiction, 2005.|
|Description:||247 pages ; 22 cm.|
|Series Title:||Gilead, bk. 1|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Good Read, well written
This book tells the story of an individual struggling with serious theological and social questions. It succeeds both as a book of ideas and a credible fiction.
This book is written as though it were a series of letters from a narrator, named John Ames, to his son. Ames had married...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Conflict of generations -- Fiction.
- Reminiscing in old age -- Fiction.
- Children of clergy -- Fiction.
- Fathers and sons -- Fiction.
- Grandfathers -- Fiction.
- Clergy -- Fiction.
- Kansas -- Fiction.
- Children of clergy.
- Conflict of generations.
- Fathers and sons.
- Reminiscing in old age.
User lists with this item (43)
- To Read(65 items)
by Kristin058 updated about a day ago
- Read Me (contemporary fiction)(181 items)
by schusterp updated about a week ago
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction since 2000(20 items)
by albertsons.library updated 2016-08-02
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction(75 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2016-07-19
- Fiction(108 items)
by fulmerford updated 2016-05-26