Jeannette Walls; Julia Gibson; Findaway World, LLC.
|注意：||In container (21 cm.).
Title from container.
Issued on Playaway, a dedicated audio media player, manufactured by Findaway World, LLC.
|表演者：||Performed by Julia Gibson.|
|描述：||1 sound media player (11 hr., 15 min.) : digital ; 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 cm + 1 set of earphones + 1 AAA battery.|
|詳述：||Playaway Digital Audio.|
Jeannette Walls tells the story about her childhood. She talks about living like nomads, moving among Southwest desert towns, camping in the mountains. Retreating to the dismal West Virginia mining town--and the family-- her father, Rex Walls, had done everything he could to escape. He drank. He stole the grocery money and disappeared for days. As the dysfunction of the family escalated, Jeannette and her brother and sisters had to fend for themselves, supporting one another as they weathered their parents' betrayals and, finally, found the resources and will to leave home.
- Walls, Jeannette.
- Children of alcoholics -- United States -- Biography.
- Children of alcoholics -- West Virginia -- Welch -- Biography.
- Dysfunctional families -- United States -- Case studies.
- Dysfunctional families -- West Virginia -- Welch -- Case studies.
- Poor -- West Virginia -- Welch -- Biography.
- Homeless persons -- New York (State) -- New York -- Family relationships.