Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Marcella Milana; Tom Nesbit
|Description:||xxix, 254 pages cm.|
|Contents:||1. Introduction: Global Outlook on Adult Education and Learning Policies / Marcella Milana --
2. Policies for Adult Learning in Scotland / John Field ; 3. Adult Education and Learning Policy in the Czech Republic / Martin Kopecky and Michal Serak ; 4. Adult and Continuing Education Policy in the USA / Marcella Milana and Lesley McBain ; 5. Adult Education and Cultural Diversity in Brazil: National Policies and Contributions of Higher Education / Ana Ivenicki ; 6. Analysis of Policies in Education of Young People and Adults (YAE) in Mexico / Raúl Valdez-Cotera --
7. The State of Adult Education in Botswana in the Twenty-First Century / Idowu Biao and Tonic Maruatona ; 8. Changing Trends in Adult Education in Ghana: Issues of Policies, Ideology and Learning / Michael Ayitey Tagoe ; 9. Adult Education in Palestine after the Oslo Accords and Operation Protective Edge/ Keith P Hammond ; 10. Towards a Learning Society: An Analysis of Adult Education Policies and Systems in South Korea; In Tak Kwon ; 11. Learning the World? Changing Dimensions of Adult Education and Lifelong Learning in India / Sayantan Mandal --
12. Lifelong Learning for All Adults? A New Concept for the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultuaral Limits and Opportunities for a Changing Inter-interGovernmental Organisation / Balazs Nemeth ; 13. Framing the Adult Learning and Education Policy Discourse: The Role of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and development / Kjell Rubenson ; 14. Adult Education at the World Bank: Poor Cousin or Key Stakeholder / Peter Easton and Malaika Samples ; 15. Towards 'Utilitarian' Adult Education Perspectives? A Critical Review of the European Union Adult Education Policy / Eugenia A Panitsides ; 16. The International Council for Adult Education and Adult Learning Policy: Addressing the Gap Between Rhetoric and Practice / Alan Tuckett 17. Conclusion: Global Developments in Adult Education Policy / Tom Nesbit.
|Series Title:||Palgrave studies in global citizenship, education and democracy.|
|Responsibility:||edited by Marcella Milana, Tom Nesbit.|
- Adult education -- Cross-cultural studies.
- Adult education -- Social aspects -- Cross-cultural studies.
- EDUCATION -- Adult & Continuing Education.
- EDUCATION -- Educational Policy & Reform -- General.
- EDUCATION -- Inclusive Education.
- Adult education.
- Adult education -- Social aspects.