Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Songs and music
Songs and music Texts
|Additional Physical Format:||Steffe, William, approximately 1830-1890.
Glory hally, hallelujah! or The John Brown song
|Named Person:||John Brown; John Brown|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William Steffe; Henry Howard Brownell; T Brigham Bishop
Composer of the music is uncertain, but it is often attributed to William Steffe and was originally for a hymn known as Fort Warren; words to John Brown's body attributed to H.H. Brownell and T.B. Bishop, among others.
H. De Marsan is listed at 54 Chatham St. in New York City directories for 1861 to 1864.
De Marsan Ethiopian border.
First line: John Brown's body lies a mouldering in the grave.
|Description:||1 broadside : illustrations ; 24 x 15 cm|
|Other Titles:||John Brown song
Glory hally, hallelujah!
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Songs and music -- Texts.
- Brown, John, -- 1800-1859 -- Songs and music.
- Songs, English -- United States -- 19th century -- Texts.
- Popular music -- United States -- To 1901 -- Texts.
- Brown, John, -- 1800-1859.
- Popular music.
- Songs, English.
- United States.