Madison Davis Lacy; Blair Underwood; National Black Programming Consortium.; American Dance Festival.; African American Dance Ensemble.; John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.); WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.)
|制作人员：||Narrator, Blair Underwood ; editor, Adam Zucker ; photography, Don Lenzer, Robert Shepard, Buddy Squires.|
|描述：||1 videocassettes (57 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.|
|丛书名：||Free to dance.|
|责任：||produced by Madison Davis Lacy and Adam Zucker ; directed and written by Adam Zucker ; a co-production of the American Dance Festival and the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in association with Thirteen/WNET New York.|
The history of African American dance; examines the explosion of Black dance that happened from the 1960s through the 1980s and the choreography of Eleo Pomare, Bill T. Jones, Garth Fagan and Jawole Willa Jo Zollar. Featured dance companies include The African American Dance Ensemble, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company, Cleo Parker Robinson Dance Ensemble, Dayton Contemporary Dance Company, Forces of Nature Dance Theater, Garth Fagan Dance and Urban Bush Women.
- African American dance.
- African American dance -- History -- 20th century.
- Modern dance -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Documentary films -- United States.
- African American dancers -- History.
- African American dancers -- Biography.
- Choreographers -- United States -- History.
- Choreographers -- United States -- Biography.