|資料類型：||文獻, 小說, 網際網路資源|
|ISBN:||9780345806550 0345806557 1299823068 9781299823068|
|描述：||1 online resource.|
"Mountain, "Baldwin said, "is the book I had to write if I was ever going to write anything else. "Go Tell It On The Mountain, first published in 1953, is Baldwin's first major work, a novel that has established itself as an American classic. With lyrical precision, psychological directness, resonating symbolic power, and a rage that is at once unrelenting and compassionate, Baldwin chronicles a fourteen-year-old boy's discovery of the terms of his identity as the stepson of the minister of a storefront Pentecostal church in Harlem one Saturday in March of 1935. Baldwin's rendering of his protagonist's spiritual, sexual, and moral struggle of self-invention opened new possibilities in the American language and in the way Americans understand themselves.
- African American men -- Fiction.
- Racism -- United States -- Fiction.
- African American families -- New York (State) -- New York -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Religion -- Fiction.
- FICTION -- General.
- African American families.
- African American men.
- African Americans -- Religion.
- New York (State) -- New York.
- United States.