|提及的人：||Robert E Lee; Stonewall Jackson; Winfield Scott Hancock; Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain|
Mort Künstler; James I Robertson
|注意：||"Companion history to the major motion picture."
Maps on endpapers.
|描述：||143 p. : col. ill., maps (some col.) ; 29 cm.|
|内容：||Paths to war --
A Confederate team --
Leaders become heroes --
Crossroads at Chancellorsville.
|其他题名：||Gods and generals (Motion picture)|
|责任：||text by James I. Robertson, Jr. ; foreword by Ron Maxwell ; based on the novel by Jeff Shaara.|
"The year prior to the battle of Gettysburg was the high-water mark for the Confederacy; single-minded, its superior officers were unified under the command of General Robert E. Lee. [This book] focuses on the strategic collaboration between Lee and Thomas Stonewall Jackson in the battles leading up to July 1863: Second Bull Run (or Manassas), Antietam, Fredericksburg, and Chancellorsville. The roots of a tradition of undying valor and constancy were founded here, and they have been a vibrant heritage for subsequent generations. This story, based on the best-selling novel by Jeff Shaara (Gods and Generals), also involves Union officers Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain and Winfield Scott Hancock, one a professor of religion from Bowdoin College, and the other a graduate of West Point. The dramatic text and pictures bring to life this crucial time as the Confederacy dominated the battlefields with their skillful speed and flexibility"--Publisher's description.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns -- Pictorial works.
- Gettysburg Campaign, 1863.
- Gettysburg Campaign, 1863 -- Pictorial works.
- Generals -- Confederate States of America -- Biography.
- Generals -- United States -- Biography.
- Lee, Robert E. -- (Robert Edward), -- 1807-1870.
- Jackson, Stonewall, -- 1824-1863.
- Hancock, Winfield Scott, -- 1824-1886.
- Chamberlain, Joshua Lawrence, -- 1828-1914.