|提及的人：||Johann Wolfgang von Goethe; Johann Wolfgang von Goethe; Johann Wolfgang von Goethe|
|注意：||"This is an abridged version of the 1993 second, revised edition of Goethe und seine Verleger"--T.p. verso.|
|描述：||x, 372 p, : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|其他题名：||Goethe und seine Verleger.|
|责任：||Siegfried Unseld ; translated by Kenneth J. Northcott.|
editions brought out by Johann Friedrich Cotta, the most renowned publisher of his day. Unseld sifts through the rich correspondence between Goethe and his publishers, as well as letters to and from friends, colleagues, and contemporaries. Analyzing publishing contracts, draft contracts, and historical documents, Unseld reveals the tremendous energy Goethe exerted on behalf of his manuscripts. During negotiations he was sometimes circumspect and reserved, at other times.
demanding and assertive. These exchanges not only shed new light on Goethe's complex character but also show how he changed the author's role in the publishing process. Thus, this work offers a penetrating study of the intricate and many-tiered relations between author and publisher, then and today.
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, -- 1749-1832 -- Relations with publishers.
- Publishers and publishing -- Germany -- History -- 18th century.
- Publishers and publishing -- Germany -- History -- 19th century.
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, -- 1749-1832 -- Publishers.
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, -- 1749-1832.
- Publishers and publishing.
- Relations with publishers.