Whitton, Kenneth S.
Goethe and Schubert.
Portland, Ore. : Amadeus Press, 1999
|提及的人：||Franz Schubert; Johann Wolfgang von Goethe; Franz Schubert; Johann Wolfgang von Goethe; Johann Wolfgang von Goethe; Franz Schubert|
Kenneth S Whitton
|Reproduction Notes:||Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.|
|描述：||1 online resource (296 p.) : ill.|
|详述：||Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002.|
|内容：||The German Lied before Franz Schubert --
Goethe, Music, and Musicians --
Schubert, Poetry, and Poets --
Why Did Schubert Never Meet Goethe? --
The Goethe Lieder of Franz Schubert.
|责任：||Kenneth S. Whitton.|
"The story of Goethe and Schubert unfolds in an era that saw German art song evolve from folk song. Author Kenneth Whitton explores Goethe's involvement with the music and musicians of his time, demonstrating that he had well-developed musical taste and sensibilities; for his part Schubert was surprisingly well read in the literature of his time and attuned to intellectual and cultural developments. The author details the efforts made by friends to acquaint Goethe with Schubert's Lieder, and Schubert with Goethe's poems and even - unsuccessfully - with Goethe himself." "Ultimately 80 Lieder and Lied fragments resulted from their collaboration. Professor Whitton discusses both text and music for each Schubert setting of a Goethe poem."--BOOK JACKET.
- Schubert, Franz, -- 1797-1828. -- Songs.
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, -- 1749-1832.
- Songs, German -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
- Songs with piano -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
- Music and literature.
- Schubert, Franz, -- 1797-1828 -- Friends and associates.
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, -- 1749-1832 -- Friends and associates.
- Composers -- Austria -- Biography.
- Songs, German -- History and criticism.
- Electronic books.
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von.
- Schubert, Franz.