Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
McKissack, Pat, 1944-
Goin' someplace special.
New York : Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 2001
|Material Type:||Fiction, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Pat McKissack; Jerry Pinkney
|Notes:||"An Anne Schwartz book."|
|Awards:||Coretta Scott King Award, illustrator, 2002.|
|Description:||1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 30 cm|
|Responsibility:||Patricia C. McKissack ; Jerry Pinkney.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
A nice addition to any library.
The book Goin' Somplace Special is about a girl whose parents thought she was old enough to go somewhere by herself when people were segregated. "I thought it was a very interesting book." --student. The girl is going to the library which is the "someplace special." An excellent...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Children's literature.
- Children's stories.
- Picture books.
- Segregation -- Juvenile fiction.
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction.
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Segregation -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- The Fifties (20th century) -- Fiction.
- Public libraries -- Fiction.
- African-American girls -- Fiction.
- African-Americans -- Segregation -- Fiction.
- African-American families -- Fiction.
- Anger in girls -- Fiction.
- Courage in girls -- Fiction.
- Equality -- Fiction.
- Inequality -- Fiction.
- Injustice -- Fiction.
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- Fiction.
- African Americans.
- Tennessee -- Nashville.
User lists with this item (29)
- Coretta Scott King Award(127 items)
by sarahridinger updated about 3 weeks ago
- Coretta Scott King Award (Illustrator)(32 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2015-02-13
- Historical Fiction Picture Books(65 items)
by ljerniga updated 2015-02-04
- National Library Week(11 items)
by firstname.lastname@example.org updated 2014-11-19
- SPC African-American Juvenile Books(91 items)
by SPCReeseCenterLibrary updated 2014-11-10