Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
McKissack, Pat, 1944-
Goin' someplace special.
New York : Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 2001
|Material Type:||Fiction, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Pat McKissack; Jerry Pinkney
|Notes:||"An Anne Schwartz book."|
|Awards:||Coretta Scott King Award, illustrator, 2002.|
|Description:||1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 30 cm.|
|Responsibility:||Patricia C. McKissack ; Jerry Pinkney.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
A nice addition to any library.
The book Goin' Somplace Special is about a girl whose parents thought she was old enough to go somewhere by herself when people were segregated. "I thought it was a very interesting book." --student. The girl is going to the library which is the "someplace special." An excellent...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Segregation -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- The Fifties (20th century) -- Fiction.
- Public libraries -- Fiction.
- African-American girls -- Fiction.
- African-Americans -- Segregation -- Fiction.
- African-American families -- Fiction.
- Anger in girls -- Fiction.
- Courage in girls -- Fiction.
- Equality -- Fiction.
- Inequality -- Fiction.
- Injustice -- Fiction.
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- Fiction.
- Children's literature.
- Children's stories.
- Picture books.
User lists with this item (21)
- Coretta Scott King Award(111 items)
by sarahridinger updated about a month ago
- Picture Books About Libraries(78 items)
by jlutzky updated 2013-04-18
- Coretta Scott King Award(59 items)
by dordtlibrary updated 2013-03-21
- Civil War/Slavery, Civil Rights, African American "firsts"(72 items)
by hakiyoshi updated 2013-03-12
- Coretta Scott King Book Award(217 items)
by ccicchetti updated 2013-02-01