Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949.
Gone with the wind.
New York : Macmillan, 1936
|Named Person:||Scarlett O'Hara, (Fictitious character); Rhett Butler, (Fictitious character)|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Margaret Mitchell; Herman Finkelstein Collection (Library of Congress); Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress); Rouben Mamoulian Collection (Library of Congress)
|Notes:||"Published May, 1936"--Verso of title page.
Actual publication of the 1st edition was delayed to June 30, 1936; see Gone with the wind as book and film / Richard Harwell. ©1983. Page [xv].
LC copy has dust jacket. Newspaper clipping from the Parade section, Oct. 31, 1976 and magazine clipping from Publishers weekly, Sept. 6, 1976 on author laid in.
Source: Gift of Herman Finkelstein, Dec. 30, 1980.
|Awards:||Pulitzer Prize, Novel, 1937.|
|Description:||1037 pages ; 22 cm|
|Responsibility:||by Margaret Mitchell.|
"Let's say you've read "Gone with the Wind" at least twice, and seen the movie over and again. So, here's a thought. Buy this handsome paperback edition, just for Pat Conroy's preface. This
WorldCat User Reviews (2)
Gone But Not Forgotten
- 4 of 5 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- 0 of 5 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- O'Hara, Scarlett -- (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Butler, Rhett -- (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Fiction.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Fiction.
- Women -- Georgia -- Fiction.
- Plantation life -- Fiction.
- O'Hara, Scarlett (Fictitious character)
- Plantation life.
- États-Unis -- 1861-1865 (Guerre de Sécession) -- Romans.