|提及的人：||Edward Windsor, Duke of; Wallis Warfield Windsor, Duchess of; Edward Windsor, Duke of; Wallis Warfield Windsor, Duchess of|
|注意：||"First published in a different form in Great Britain in 2005 by Fourth Estate"--Title page verso.|
|描述：||403 pages ; 24 cm|
The scandalous divorcée who led the besotted Prince of Wales to abdicate his throne first appears in the fictional diary of Maybell Brumby as her schoolmate Bessie, a charity girl with pretensions and good cheekbones. "I'm Wallis," she snarls, "and if you call me anything else you're going to be sorry." One social climber swiftly recognizes another. When life's whimsical currents toss these two gilt-edged gold diggers together again as adults, history will change its course. Trailing a cloud of Worth perfume and an ermine stole, missing the point of every conversation, the deliciously dim Maybell witnesses the courtship of the twentieth century and the scandal that rocked a monarchy--recording all in her diary.--From publisher description.
- Windsor, Edward, -- Duke of, -- 1894-1972 -- Fiction.
- Windsor, Wallis Warfield, -- Duchess of, -- 1896-1986 -- Fiction.
- Windsor, Edward, -- Duke of, -- 1894-1972.
- Windsor, Wallis Warfield, -- Duchess of, -- 1896-1986.
- Americans -- England -- London -- Fiction.
- Socialites -- Fiction.
- England -- London.