Suche nach Bibliotheken, die diesen Titel besitzen ...
|Physisches Format||Online version:
Brown, Archie, 1938-
Oxford, England ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1996
|Name:||Mikhail Sergeevich Gorbachev; M S Gorbachev; Mikhail Sergeevich Gorbachev|
|Beschreibung:||xv, 406 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.|
|Inhalt:||1. Introduction --
2. The Making of a Reformist General Secretary --
3. In the Portals of Power --
4. The Power of Ideas and the Power of Appointment --
5. Gorbachev and Economic Reform --
6. Gorbachev and Political Transformation --
7. Gorbachev and Foreign Policy --
8. The National Question, the Coup, and the Collapse of the Soviet Union --
What kind of man made this massive difference to his own country, Europe, and the world? What were his views when he became Soviet leader and how did they evolve? Who and what influenced him? When did he move from being a reformer of the Soviet system to becoming the 'grave-digger' of Communism? How decisive for the dramatic changes of the last decade was the Gorbachev factor? In this masterly account, Archie Brown - a renowned authority on Gorbachev and the first Western scholar to predict his importance - answers these questions in fascinating detail. Drawing upon a wide range of sources, including the memories (and memoirs) of those who worked most closely with Gorbachev, he combines acute political analysis with new information as he tells the story of Gorbachev's rise and fall - and of his less than seven years in power which changed the course of history.