Manuscript waste (Binding)
Early works to 1500
Early works to 1800
Evrard, de BeÌthune.; H.P. Kraus (Firm),; Pre-1650 Manuscript Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Layout: Flesh side (recto) has 21 lines of text, written in a single column, frame-ruled in lead with double vertical lines. Text is written below top line. Hair side (verso) has 21 partially-obscured lines of text and the following 16th-century inscription: "Diaz. Practica criminalis canonica. 1543."
Script: Written in a Gothic textura book hand.
Decoration: Faded pigmentation of 3-line initial "P" on verso, indicating the start of Book XI, suggests that it was rubricated.
Imperfections: Three narrow strips have been cut out, affecting four lines of text, apparently to accommodate raised bands.
Origin: Presumably copied as part of a codex in France, perhaps Paris.
Provenance: 1. Preserved as part of the binding of a 1543 edition of the Practica criminalis canonica of Juan Bernardo Díaz de Luco -- 2. Purchased from Kraus, 29 December 1958.
Shelf-mark: Urbana, IL, University of Illinois Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Pre-1650 MS 0123.
|物理形態：||1 leaf : parchment ; 267 x 175 mm.|
|コンテンツ：||1. Recto lines: "[text] Hi[n]c alo fons e[st] t[ibi] sit, aleo fo[n]s reliquo...Cult[ur]am D[omi]ni pietate[m] dicim[us] esse" --
2. Verso lines: "[text] Lat[ri]a seu mavis theosebia su[n]t i[n] eode[m]...T[er]ga viri p[ro]p[ri]e dicu[n]t[ur], tergora capre..."
- Greek language -- Grammar -- Early works to 1500.
- Latin language -- Grammar -- Early works to 1500.
- Latin literature, Medieval and modern -- Early works to 1800.
- Latin poetry, Medieval and modern -- Early works to 1800.
- Literature, Medieval.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Manuscripts, Medieval -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Poetry, Medieval.
- Greek language -- Grammar.
- Latin language -- Grammar.
- Latin literature, Medieval and modern.
- Latin poetry, Medieval and modern.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern)
- Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Illinois -- Urbana.