Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Graphic, Photograph, Picture, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Visual material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||Title, attribution and numbers "No. 25" and "F. 64." printed on label on verso.
"Expedition of 1872, 1st Lieut. Geo. M. Wheeler. Corps of Engineers, Commanding." printed on stereo card.
Stamp on verso shows eagle logo and reads: "War Department, Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army. Geographical and Geological Explorations and Surveys West of the 100th Meridian."
Descriptive information printed on label on verso reads: "The Grand Canon of the Colorado, near the mouth of Kanab Creek. The river has here cut its channel about 3,500 feet below the general level of the country."
|Description:||1 photographic print on stereo card : albumen, stereograph ; 10 x 18 cm. (4 x 7 in.)|
|Series Title:||Expedition of 1872.|
|Responsibility:||Wm. Bell, Phot.|
- Geographical Surveys West of the 100th Meridian (U.S.)
- Expeditions & surveys -- Arizona -- Grand Canyon -- 1870-1880.
- Canyons -- Arizona -- Grand Canyon -- 1870-1880.
- Rivers -- Arizona -- Grand Canyon -- 1870-1880.
- Photographers -- Arizona -- Grand Canyon -- 1870-1880.
- Cameras -- Arizona -- Grand Canyon -- 1870-1880.
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.) -- 1870-1880.
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) -- 1870-1880.