Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Grandfather stories of the Navahos.
Rough Rock, Ariz., Board of Education, Rough Rock Demonstration School, 1968
|Material Type:||Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Sydney M Callaway; Gary Witherspoon; Broderick H Johnson; Hoke Denetsosie; Clifford Beck; Rough Rock Demonstration School. Board of Education.; Navaho Curriculum Center.
|Notes:||"One of a series being developed by the Navaho Curriculum Center ..."|
|Description:||77 pages illustrations 23 cm|
|Contents:||The Navaho ceremony for rain --
The lake that got angry --
The holy people and the first dog --
Trouble with the Utes --
The magic of a Navaho sorcerer saves his people from the Spaniards --
The yellow jackets --
A Navaho medicine man cures his son --
The hogan and its blessing --
The Navaho sweathouse --
Grinding stones --
Some Navaho medicines.
|Responsibility:||Written by Sydney M. Callaway, Gary Witherspoon, and others. Edited by Broderick H. Johnson. Illustrated by Hoke Denetsosie and Clifford Beck, Jr.|
- Navajo Indians -- Folklore.
- Navajo Indians -- Juvenile literature.
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Folklore.
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Social life and customs.
- Navajo Indians -- Social life and customs.
- Indians of North America.
- Indians of North America -- Social life and customs.
- Navajo Indians.
- Southwest, New.