Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Computer network resources
|Material Type:||Document, Government publication, National government publication, Updating website, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File, Continually Updated Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information.; United States. Department of Energy.; United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration.; Defense Technical Information Center (U.S.); United States. Environmental Protection Agency.|
|Notes:||Title from home page (viewed Aug. 11, 2004).|
|Details:||Mode of access: World Wide Web.|
|Other Titles:||Gray LIT Network|
"As described on the "About this Site" page, the GrayLIT Network "is a portal for technical report information generated through federally funded research and development projects." Such "grey" literature, although prolific and of great scientific value, is generally not distributed through conventional publication channels. The GrayLit Network allows patrons to search multiple government databases to retrieve this elusive scientific information. Among the indexed agencies are Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Defense (DOD), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Search results are based on searches of bibliographic records for some databases and full text searching ofothers depending on the search capabilities of the individual sites. However, the full text of all reports is available, making this an excellent resource for researchers needing this specialized information."--Reviewed Mar. 2005, "Best Free Reference Web Sites 2005," RUSA Quarterly, Fall 2005. Comp. by the MARS Best Free Websites Committee, RUSA, ALA.
- Grey literature -- United States.
- Technical literature -- United States.
- Government publications -- United States.
- Electronic government information -- United States.
- Electronic government information.
- Government publications.
- Grey literature.
- Technical literature.
- United States.
- grey literature -- greylit -- gray literature -- OSTI -- technical reports -- databases -- DOE -- DOD -- EPA -- NASA -- government information -- science -- technology -- full-text -- technical report portal -- full-text reports -- Office of Scientific and Technical Information -- Department of Energy -- Department of Defense -- Environmental Protection Agency -- National Aeronautics and Space Administration