|提及的人：||George Washington; George Washington|
John H Rhodehamel; Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.; Gilder Lehrman Collection (Pierpont Morgan Library); Pierpont Morgan Library.
|ISBN:||0300076142 9780300076141 0873281748 9780873281744|
|注意：||"Catalogue of an exhibition organized by the Huntington Library with additional material from the Gilder Lehrman Collection and the Pierpont Morgan Library."|
|描述：||xxi, 176 p. : col. ill., maps ; 27 cm.|
|责任：||John Rhodehamel ; foreword by Gordon S. Wood.|
To most Americans, George Washington is a remote figured encased in myth, more a monument than a man. This book brings him vividly to life once again--a man who was born a loyal subject of the British Crown and became the leader of a radical revolution, a victorious military leader who relinquished the trappings of power to return to farming, a reluctant statesman who forged the institutions of a popular government that have endured for two centuries. The text is enhanced by illustrations that reproduce an array of original documents, contemporary portraits, artifacts, and personal memorabilia of Washington and her family.--From publisher description.
- Washington, George, -- 1732-1799 -- Exhibitions.
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography -- Exhibitions.
- Generals -- United States -- Biography -- Exhibitions.
- United States. -- Continental Army -- Biography -- Exhibitions.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1789-1797 -- Exhibitions.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Exhibitions.