Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Franklin Dexter; Samuel Atkins Eliot; Charles Folsom; William Howard Gardiner; John Chipman Gray; Charles G Loring; William Powell Mason; John Gorham Palfrey; Theophilus Parsons; Octavius Pickering; William Hickling Prescott; Jared Sparks; Henry Warren|
|Material Type:||Graphic, Photograph|
|Document Type:||Visual material, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Adams Whipple
|Notes:||Hand-written text inscribed on mount below images identifies individuals with the date that they graduated from Harvard University and their death date. Henry Warren is mistakenly identified as Edward Warren.
The Club was formed in 1818 and eventually included twenty-four members. All but one of the members graduated from Harvard College between 1810 and 1817 and held prominent positions within Boston society. Meetings were held in the homes of individual members. The club dissolved in the 1850s due to political differences between the membership.
This is a late nineteenth century copy photograph of an 1850s photograph by the Boston photographer John Adams Whipple. Attribution of original photograph based on Whipple's studio furniture.
Title devised by curator.
|Description:||1 photographic print mounted on card : albumen ; print 31 x 41 cm., mount 41 x 51 cm.|
- Dexter, Franklin, -- 1793-1857 -- Portraits.
- Eliot, Samuel Atkins, -- 1798-1862 -- Portraits.
- Folsom, Charles, -- 1794-1872 -- Portraits.
- Gardiner, William Howard, -- 1797-1882 -- Portraits.
- Gray, John Chipman, -- 1793-1881 -- Portraits.
- Loring, Charles G. -- (Charles Greely), -- 1794-1867 -- Portraits.
- Mason, William Powell, -- 1791-1867 -- Portraits.
- Palfrey, John Gorham, -- 1796-1881 -- Portraits.
- Parsons, Theophilus, -- 1797-1882 -- Portraits.
- Pickering, Octavius, -- 1791-1868 -- Portraits.
- Prescott, William Hickling, -- 1796-1859 -- Portraits.
- Sparks, Jared, -- 1789-1866 -- Portraits.
- Warren, Henry, -- 1795-1869 -- Portraits.
- Harvard College (1780- ) -- Alumni and alumnae -- Pictorial works.
- Club (Boston, Mass.) -- Pictorial works.
- Clubs -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- Pictorial works.