Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Designs and plans
|Named Person:||Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue; Cass Gilbert; Benjamin W Morris; John Russell Pope; Charles Coolidge Haight|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Rafael Guastavino; William E Blodgett; Malcolm S Blodgett; Foster M Summerville; A M Bartlett; Kenneth Williams; George R Collins; Guastavino Fireproof Construction Company/George Collins.; R. Guastavino Company.
|Notes:||This is the collection-level record for which 701 project-level and 39 separate series-level records were created to describe projects with and without architectural drawings, respectively. See summary note (field 520) for record ID numbers and other related information. In order to facilitate access to projects without drawings, separate series-level records were created for each state and for all foreign countries. See field 789 for related record ID numbers.|
|Description:||Papers: 40.1 linear ft. Architectural drawings: 2,652 sheets. Material samples: 46 items.|
The list of projects include: Army War College and the National Shrine of Immaculate Conception, Washington, D.C.; Boston Public Library, Boston, Mass.; Baltimore Union Station, Baltimore, Md.; Nebraska State Capitol, Lincoln, Neb.; Grand Central Terminal and Cathedral of St. John the Divine, New York, N.Y.; G.W. Vanderbilt residence, Biltmore, N.C.; and B'nai Israel Synagogue and Carnegie Institute of Technology, Pittsburgh, Penn. The list of architects who hired the Company include: McKim, Mead & White; Benjamin Wistar Morris; Bertram G. Goodhue; John Russell Pope; Carrere & Hastings; Delano & Aldrich; Warren & Wetmore; York & Sawyer; Cass Gilbert; Cram and Ferguson; and Heins and LaFarge. The drawings in the collection consist of pencil and ink drawings, blueprints, blueline prints, sketches, and watercolors drawn and reproduced by the Company, architects and other contractors. The drawings include plans, elevations, sections, and details in full-scale of 700 projects and technical records. The dates of the drawings span 1886-1964, and the bulk dates are 1899-1936. These drawings are cataloged separately in this online catalog. Their ID numbers are NYDA94-F78 through NYDA94-F80, NYDA95-F0 through NYDA95-F141, NYDA96-F1 through NYDA96-F550, and NYDA98-F7. Their accession numbers are 1963.002.00001 through .02652.
- Goodhue, Bertram Grosvenor, -- 1869-1924.
- Gilbert, Cass, -- 1859-1934.
- Morris, Benjamin W. -- (Benjamin Wistar), -- 1870-1944.
- Pope, John Russell, -- 1874-1937.
- Haight, Charles Coolidge, -- 1841-1917.
- McKim, Mead & White.
- York & Sawyer.
- Carrère & Hastings.
- Delano & Aldrich.
- Heins & LaFarge.
- Cram and Ferguson.
- Army War College (U.S.)
- National Shrine of Immaculate Conception (Washington, D.C.)
- Boston Public Library.
- Union Station (Baltimore, Md.)
- Nebraska State Capitol (Lincoln, Neb.)
- Grand Central Terminal (New York, N.Y.)
- Cathedral of St. John the Divine (New York, N.Y.)
- Biltmore Estate (Asheville, N.C.)
- B'nai Israel Synagogue (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
- Carnegie Institute of Technology.
- Columbia University -- Buildings.
- College buildings.
- Architecture -- United States -- Designs and plans.
- Architecture -- Cuba -- Havana -- Designs and plans.
- Architecture -- India -- Designs and plans.
- Architecture -- Panama -- Designs and plans.
- Architecture -- Mexico -- Designs and plans.
- Architecture -- Canada -- Designs and plans.
- Architecture -- Spain.
- Architecture -- Venezuela -- Caracas.
- Architecture -- England -- London.
- Architecture -- Peru -- Lima.
- Architecture -- Trinidad and Tobago.
- Architecture -- Netherlands -- Eindhoven.
- Architecture, Modern -- 19th century.
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century.
- Bank buildings.
- Guastavino vaults.
- Public buildings.
- Railroad stations.
- Apartment houses.
- Hotels (public accommodations)
- Bridges (built works)
- Commercial buildings.
- Recreation buildings.
- Industrial buildings.
- Subway stations.