Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||348 pages ; 22 cm|
|Contents:||Nose job: tasting has little to do with taste --
I'll have the putrescine: your pet is not like you --
Liver and opinions: why we eat what we eat and despise the rest --
The longest meal: can thorough chewing lower the national debt? --
Hard to stomach: the acid relationship of William Beaumont and Alexis St. Martin --
Spit gets a polish: someone ought to bottle the stuff --
A bolus of cherries: life at the oral processing lab --
Big gulp: how to survive being swallowed alive --
Dinner's revenge: can the eaten eat back? --
Stuffed: the science of eating yourself to death --
Up theirs: the alimentary canal as criminal accomplice --
Inflammable you: fun with hydrogen and methane --
Dead man's bloat: and other diverting tales from the history of flatulence research --
Smelling a rat: does noxious flatus do more than clear a room? --
Eating backward: is the digestive tract a two-way street? --
I'm all stopped up: Elvis Presley's megacolon, and other ruminations on death by constipation --
The ick factor: we can cure you, but there's just one thing.
- Digestive organs -- Popular works.
- Alimentary canal -- Popular works.
- Gastrointestinal system -- Popular works.
- Digestive System -- Popular Works.
- Alimentary canal.
- Digestive organs.
- Gastrointestinal system.
- Système digestif.
User lists with this item (13)
- New Kings of Nonficton at Stillwater Oklahoma Public Library(135 items)
by ztuck updated 2015-08-17
- Non-fiction that reads like fiction(35 items)
by FVRL_booklists updated 2015-07-24
- Spring Break 2015: Staff Picks(14 items)
by semiller updated 2015-02-28
- Summer Reading 2013(36 items)
by VIMS updated 2014-10-30
- Bay's Books I've Read(33 items)
by schlvm14 updated 2014-02-03