7Ledgers (account books)
|提及的人：||Johann Martin Boltzius; David Cutler Braddock; Peter Chester; Joseph Clay; George Galphin; James Habersham; Joseph Habersham; John Daniel Hammerer; James Jackson; William Knox; Charles-Greville Montagu, Lord; John Moultrie; John Pownall; John Stuart; William Tryon; Edward Barnard; Habersham family.; John Habersham; Robert Habersham; Robert Habersham; Joseph Maddock; James Edward Powell; Benjamin Savage; Francis Williams|
|語言註釋：||Collection materials are in English.|
|描述：||4 folders (.2 cubic feet)|
The collection consists primarily of manuscript copies of portions of James Habersham's letter books during 1771-1772 when he served as Acting Governor of Georgia. Also included is a manuscript copy of James Habersham's diary dated 1750-1751 and manuscript copies of indentures, letters, and ledgers of John Habersham, Joseph Habersham, Robert Habersham Jr., and Roland Hill compiled in a single letter book. The two letter books of James Habersham's letters contain duplicates. The letter book 2 (August 1771-October 1772) contains the most letters. Habersham's letters are addressed to: Earl of Hillsborough, George Galphin, Capt. James Edward Powell, Lord Charles Greville Montagu, Edward Barnard, William Tryon, John Daniel Hammerer, Joseph Maddock, John Pownall, James Jackson, Francis Williams, John Stuart, Peter Chester, Commissioners of Customs, William Knox, Commissioners for Trade and Plantations, John Moultrie, and Anthony Stokes. Three letters at the end of letter book 2 were written by John Habersham on behalf of his father. Many of James Habersham's letters in this collection were transcribed and published in the Colonial Records of the State of Georgia and Collections of the Georgia Historical Society: The Letters of Hon. James Habersham, 1756-1775. See the collection inventory for publication information and page numbers. Twenty-seven of the forty-nine letters are not published. James Habersham's diary contains entries regarding the arrival of French and German citizens in Georgia, the Rev. John Martin Bolzius, settlement at Ebenezer, Georgia, Trustees appointments, deaths and burials, letter to Capt. David Cutler Braddock, detailed information on cocoons and silk manufacturing, arrival of ships in port, elections, merchants, and mulberry trees. The creator and date of creation of the manuscript copies is unknown. They were likely written during the late 18th and 19th centuries.
- Boltzius, Johann Martin, -- 1703-1765.
- Braddock, David Cutler, -- 1717 or 1718-1769.
- Chester, Peter, -- approximately 1717-1799.
- Clay, Joseph, -- 1741-1804.
- Galphin, George, -- -1780.
- Habersham, James, -- 1715-1775.
- Habersham, Joseph, -- 1751-1815.
- Hammerer, John Daniel.
- Jackson, James, -- 1757-1806.
- Knox, William, -- 1732-1810.
- Montagu, Charles-Greville, -- Lord, -- 1741-1784.
- Moultrie, John, -- 1729-1798.
- Pownall, John, -- 1720-1795.
- Stuart, John, -- 1718-1779.
- Tryon, William, -- 1729-1788.
- Cherokee Indians -- Georgia -- History -- 18th century.
- Cherokee Indians -- Government relations.
- Creek Indians -- Georgia -- History -- 18th century.
- Creek Indians -- Government relations.
- Ebenezer (Effingham County, Ga.) -- History.
- Georgia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Georgia -- Politics and government.
- Savannah (Ga.) -- History.
- Barnard, Edward.
- Habersham family.
- Habersham, John, -- 1754-1799.
- Habersham, Robert, -- 1783-1870.
- Habersham, Robert, -- 1812-1832.
- Maddock, Joseph.
- Powell, James Edward.
- Savage, Benjamin.
- Williams, Francis.