|提及的人：||Ann Hairston Hairston; Ruth Stovall Wilson; J T W Hairston; Jeb Stuart; Robert Wilson; Elizabeth Perkins Hairston Hairston; George Hairston; Elizabeth Perkins Letcher Hairston; John A Hairston; Hairston family; Wilson family|
|所有的作者/貢獻者：||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Library. Southern Historical Collection.|
|注意：||Title from reel guide.
Accompanied by a printed reel guide.
|描述：||3 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.|
|叢書名：||Records of ante-bellum southern plantations from the Revolution through the Civil War., Series J., Part 11,, Hairston and Wilson families ;, reels 1-3.|
The collection consists of letters to Elizabeth ("Bettie") Perkins Hairston Hairston from her mother, Ann Hairston Hairston, who wrote chiefly from the family plantations near Martinsville, Va.; her sister, Ruth Stoval (Hairston) Wilson, who wrote from Danville, Va.; her brother, John A. Hairston, who wrote from school in Staunton, Va.; and her cousin, Jeb Stuart, who wrote from West Point and Texas. There are also letters to Bettie, written after 1873, from her husband, J.T.W. Hairston, in Lowndes County, Miss. Other significant family correspondence documents the westward movement of various Hairston family members and includes some papers of Colonel George Hairston who established the family plantations in Virginia. In addition to correspondence, several account books document family life, including the involvement of family members in at least two stores in Virginia from 1800-1829. A household account book, 1831-1869, gives detailed information about weaving, livestock raising, gardening, and other household production. There are also other financial and legal materials, including scattered bills, receipts, depositions, slave lists, and labor contracts between Robert Wilson and various freedmen. These materials chiefly document family business in Virginia.
- Hairston, Ann Hairston -- Correspondence.
- Wilson, Ruth Stovall -- Correspondence.
- Hairston, J. T. W. -- Correspondence.
- Stuart, Jeb, -- 1833-1864 -- Correspondence.
- Wilson, Robert.
- Hairston, Elizabeth Perkins Hairston.
- Hairston, George, -- 1750-1827 -- Correspondence.
- Hairston, Elizabeth Perkins Letcher, -- d. 1818.
- Hairston, John A., -- d. 1862 -- Correspondence.
- Hairston family -- Correspondence.
- Wilson family -- Correspondence.
- Farmers -- Virginia -- Correspondence.
- Mississippi -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Slaveholders -- Virginia -- Correspondence.
- Beaver Creek Plantation (Henry County, Va.)
- Danville (Va.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Families -- Virginia -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Freedmen -- Employment -- Virginia.
- Halifax County (Va.) -- Economic conditions -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Henry County (Va.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Lowndes County (Miss.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Martinsville (Va.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Plantations -- Virginia -- Henry County -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Mississippi.
- Slavery -- Virginia -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Account books -- Virginia -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Plantation life -- Virginia -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Virginia -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.