Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Cox, Gary P.
Halt in the mud.
Boulder : Westview Press, 1994
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Gary P Cox
|Description:||xii, 258 p. : map ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||1. The Napoleonic Inheritance: Strategic Planning in the Wars of the Revolution and the Empire. French Strategic Planning in the Revolution. Napoleon and Napoleonic Strategy --
2. The French Defense Problem in 1815. Rebuilding the French Army. The French Frontier in 1815. Forming the Allied Security Cordon --
3. The "Great Ministry" of Marshal Gouvion Saint-Cyr. The Army of Gouvion Saint-Cyr. Saint-Cyr's General Staff --
4. The Defense Commission of 1818. The Commission Meets. End and Assessment --
5. The French Reaction to the Founding of the German Federal Army. Provisions for a Federal Army. The French Army and Defense Planning, 1824-1830 --
6. 1830: Revolution, Belgium, and the Brink of War. French Rearmament. Allied Preparations. The Emergence of Soult and Pelet --
7. The Price of Success. Attempts at Internal Arms Reform. A New Defense Commission --
8. Collision Course: 1840-1848. The German Reaction. The French Response. The Army and the Revolution of 1848 --
9. Paved with Good Intentions. "An Urgent Need to Correct Defects" "War [with France] Was Not to Be Avoided" "The Consequences of Professional Decadence" "He Saw Destroyed All His Illusions"
|Series Title:||History and warfare.|
|Responsibility:||Gary P. Cox.|