Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Johnston, Frances Benjamin, 1864-1952.
New York : Museum of Modern Art, distributed by Doubleday, Garden City, N.Y., 1966
|Named Person:||Frances Benjamin Johnston; Frances Benjamin Johnston|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Frances Benjamin Johnston; Lincoln Kirstein; Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.)
|Notes:||Selected from an album of photographs originally made for the Paris Exposition of 1900 "as part of an exhibition demonstrating contemporary life of the American Negro." Exhibited in the Edward Steichen Photography Center, Museum of Modern Art, in January 1966.|
|Description:||55 pages : chiefly illustrations ; 19 x 25 cm|
|Responsibility:||44 photographs by Frances B. Johnston from an album of Hampton Institute with an introduction and a note on the photographer by Lincoln Kerstein.|
- Johnston, Frances Benjamin, -- 1864-1952.
- Hampton Institute -- Pictorial works.
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.
- African American photographers -- United States.
- Women photographers -- United States.
- Hampton Institute (Va.) -- Expositions.
- Hampton Institute.
- African American photographers.
- African Americans -- Social conditions.
- Women photographers.
- United States.