Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Graham J Towl; David A Crighton
|ISBN:||0415128870 9780415128872 0415128889 9780415128889|
|Description:||xii, 227 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||1. What we know about offenders: an overview of major psychological perspectives --
2. The development of delinquent and criminal behaviour --
3. Offender profiling --
4. Risk assessment --
5. Risk assessment of suicide --
6. Risk assessment of violence --
7. Cognitive-behavioural approaches to offending --
8. The assessment of anger management difficulties --
9. The treatment of anger management difficulties --
10. What we know about sex offenders --
11. The assessment of sex offenders --
12. The treatment of sex offenders.
|Responsibility:||Graham J. Towl and David A. Crighton.|
By illustrating theoretical practice with case examples and also practical guidance The Handbook of Psychology for Forensic Practitioners develops a very practical focus throughout the text. It can be used as an aid to day-to-day professional practice for those working in forensic settings including probation officers, social workers, nurses, psychologists and psychiatrists.