Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
New York : Fromm International Pub., 1997
|Named Person:||Saul Bellow; Harriet Wasserman; Saul Bellow; Harriet Wasserman; Saul Bellow; Saul Bellow|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||194 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm|
|Responsibility:||by Harriet Wasserman.|
Wasserman, who spoke to Bellow nearly every day during these years, lets us into a special relationship where she was not only Bellow's first reader and first-hand observer of his art, but also witness and trusted friend to the Saul Bellow behind the pages, seeing him: "stand on his head, hop on one booted foot up a mountain road, play the violin, dance the irish jig, make blueberry jam, shine the kitchen and bathroom with Formula 409, iron his pants after being caught in a downpour, accept the Nobel prize, and converse endlessly on every level about Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Marx Brothers, the Chicago Bulls, Dr. Ruth, tattoos and lip rings, beta-carotene, ethics, and on and on and on."
- Bellow, Saul -- Friends and associates.
- Novelists, American -- 20th century -- Biography.
- Wasserman, Harriet -- Friends and associates.
- Literary agents -- United States -- Biography.
- Bellow, Saul.
- Wasserman, Harriet.
- Literary agents.
- Novelists, American.
- United States.
- Literaire agenten.
- Bellow, Saul, -- 1915-2005.
- Bellow, Saul -- Friends and associates
- Literary agents -- United States -- Biography
- Novelists, American -- 20th century -- Biography
- Wasserman, Harriet -- Friends and associates