Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Edward S Foster; Morton Adams; Howard Edward Babcock; William I Myers; Charles Tuttle; James A McConnell; M C Burritt; Frank B Morrison; John McAuliff; Harry King; Hawley Rogers; David Hoy; Bristow Adams; George F Warren; James E Rice; Asa King; Thomas E Dewey|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Harold L Creal; Gould P Colman; Laurie K Todd
|In:||New York State College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Historical Documentation Program oral histories|
|Description:||1 tape recording. 122 page transcripts.|
Mr. Creal's personal history and observations about agricultural organizations: childhood on farm in Chautauqua County, New York; impression of professors, courses, and staff at Cornell, particularly Howard Edward Babcock; use of artificial insemination and establishment of the Pioneer Cooperative Dairy Cattle Breeding Association; participation on the advisory committee for the Department of Animal Husbandry at Cornell; recollections of campaigns to eradicate Bangs Disease and tuberculosis in cattle; reasons for forming farmers' cooperatives and concern about loss of support for farmer's cooperatives; assessment of GLF and the Dairymen's League, New York State Farm Bureau, New York State Conference Board of Farm Organizations, and the New York State Council of Agricultural Organizations; concern about maintaining representatives of agriculture on the Cornell Board of Trustees.
- Foster, Edward S.
- Adams, Morton.
- Babcock, Howard Edward.
- Myers, William I.
- Tuttle, Charles.
- McConnell, James A.
- Burritt, M. C. -- (Maurice Chase)
- Morrison, Frank B.
- McAuliff, John.
- King, Harry.
- Rogers, Hawley.
- Hoy, David.
- Adams, Bristow, -- 1875-1957.
- Warren, George F. -- (George Frederick), -- 1874-1938.
- Rice, James E.
- King, Asa.
- Dewey, Thomas E. -- (Thomas Edmund), -- 1902-1971.
- Cooperative Grange League Federation (GLF)
- Dairymen's League Cooperative Association.
- Agway Inc.
- New York State Agricultural Society.
- Cornell University. -- Board of Trustees.
- Cornell University. -- Class of 1921.
- American Farm Bureau Federation.
- New York State Farm Bureau.
- New York State Conference Board of Farm Organizations.
- Pioneer Cooperative Dairy Cattle Breeding Association.
- New York (State). -- Department of Agriculture and Markets. -- Division of the State Fair.
- Sheffield Farms.
- New York (State). -- Legislature. -- Assembly.
- New York State College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. -- Dept. of Animal Husbandry.
- Cooperative marketing of farm produce.
- Agricultural cooperative credit associations.
- Cattle -- Artificial insemination.
- Agricultural administration.
- Agriculture -- New York (State)
- Cattle -- Diseases.
- Kiatone (N.Y.)
- Cortland County (N.Y.)
- Homer (N.Y. : Town)
- Agriculture, Cooperative.