Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Personal narratives, Confederate|
|Named Person:||Eliza Ann Anderson; William Anderson; William Gaston; Harris family.; John G Harris; Rachel Harris; William S Harris; Francis Henderson; James McClinton; George W McLellan; Robert Forbes|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||23 items and 1 v.|
Inventory, 6 May 1829-14 Mar. 1835, of estate of Rachel L. Harris and her account with William S. Harris; letter, 10 Jan. 1845, re William S. Harris election and commission as tax collector of Abbeville County, S.C.; letter, 6 Aug. 1847, Abbeville county, S.C., from Francis Henderson, to William S. Harris, re leasing of land at Reedy Branch Plantation to W.S. Harris, and allowing Harris to relocate slave quarters in order to prevent illness.
Letter, 28 May 1861, from George W. McLellan, to W.S. Harris, Millway, S.C., re suspension of mail service from Harrisburg, Pa., to Millway, S.C.; 2 letters, 2 Sept. 1861 and 30 Sept. 1861, Vienna, Va., from James McClinton, to W.S. Harris, re James McClinton's life in the military, troop movements, family affairs, friends, and requesting shipment of clothes; letter, 16 Apr. 1862, from William Gaston, 14th Regiment, S.C. Volunteers, to Robert Forbes, re shipment of whiskey, pocket glass, and personal hygiene, desertion.
- Anderson, Eliza Ann.
- Anderson, William, -- fl. 1800 -- Estate.
- Gaston, William, -- d. 1868.
- Harris family.
- Harris, John G., -- d. c.1828 -- Estate.
- Harris, Rachel, -- d. c.1829.
- Harris, William S.
- Henderson, Francis, -- fl. 1862.
- McClinton, James, -- fl. 1862.
- McLellan, George W.
- Forbes, Robert, -- fl. 1862.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army. -- 14th South Carolina volunteers.
- Plantation owners -- South Carolina -- Edgefield County.
- Plantations -- South Carolina -- Edgefield County -- Management.
- African Americans -- South Carolina -- Edgefield County -- History -- 19th century.
- Slaves -- South Carolina -- Social conditions.
- Soldiers -- South Carolina -- Edgefield County.
- Abbeville County (S.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Edgefield County (S.C.) -- Commerce.
- Edgefield County (S.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate.