Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||William Beattie; Earle family.; Hampton family.; Harrison family.; James Harrison; John Hampton Harrison; Owens Jenkins; Richard Winn|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Land grant, 16 July 1784, re 640 acres of land near the Reedy River, S.C., purchased by Gen. Richard Winn; survey, 11 Dec. 1784, re size and amount of water in the three forks of the Saluda River executed and signed by Andrew Pickens, Teach Bullock, James Jones and James Harrison.
Will, 1814, of James Harrison; contract, 16 Oct. 1830, between John H[ampton] Harrison, Greenville County, S.C., and Owen Jenkins re dismissal of a lawsuit against Owen Jenkins, relinquishing him of any future liability; four receipts, 1831-1835, J.H. Harrison, re purchase of African-American slaves identified by name; document, 11 Feb. 1837, re J.H. Harrison as trustee of Fairview Academy.
Letter, 4 Apr. 1837, Greenville County, S.C., to J.H. Harrison, re postmaster at Cripple Creek Plantation, Greenville County, S.C.; contracts, re freedmen working on Harrison plantations; letter, 3 Mar. 1877, Greenville, S.C., from William Beattie, to J.H. Harrison, re J.H. Harrison's efforts to encourage freedmen to vote for Gov. Hampton; genealogical information, re Harrison, Hampton, and Earle families.
Account book, 1783-1793, re barter economy, plantation expenditures, crop cultivation, purchase and sale of slaves, building a house, and information re land surveys [also available on microfilm, R406].
- Beattie, William, -- 1903-1986 -- Correspondence.
- Earle family.
- Hampton family.
- Harrison family.
- Harrison, James, -- 1748-1815 -- Estate.
- Harrison, John Hampton, -- 1777-1838.
- Jenkins, Owens.
- Winn, Richard, -- 1750-1818.
- Cripple Creek (S.C. : Plantation) -- Records and correspondence.
- Fairview Academy.
- Barter -- South Carolina -- Greenville County.
- Freedmen -- South Carolina -- Greenville County.
- Governors -- South Carolina.
- Land grants -- South Carolina.
- Plantation owners -- South Carolina -- Greenville County.
- Plantations -- South Carolina -- Greenville County -- Management.
- Reconstruction -- South Carolina.
- Real property -- South Carolina -- Greenville County.
- Slavery -- South Carolina -- Greenville County.
- Slave trade -- South Carolina.
- Reedy River (S.C.) -- Commerce.
- Greenville County (S.C.) -- Commerce.
- Saluda River (S.C.) -- Commerce.
- South Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950.