Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Sidney Blackmer; Paul Green; Kay Kyser; Lennox Robinson; Dore Schary; Lee Simonson; Thornton Wilder; Kay Kyser|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Harry Ellerbe Davis
|Description:||214 items. 2 volumes|
Includes letters and cards, 1946-1969, from associates in the arts, including Sidney Blackmer, Paul Green, Kay Kyser, Lennox Robinson, Dore Schary, Lee Simonson, and Betty Smith; playbills of the group's productions, including Thorton Wilder's Our Town and historical dramas: Unto These Hills and The Lost Colony; script of his children's play, Cinderella; and his obituary. Also includes memorial resolutions, 27 Sept. 1968, issued by Cherokee Historical Association, Inc.; printed manuscript, "Christmas Prayer, Chapel Hill [N.C.]," singed in print by playwright Paul Green, is inscribed, "The best of everything to you, Harry! Paul and Elizabeth." Places represented include Cherokee, N.C.
- Universities and colleges -- North Carolina.
- Theater -- North Carolina.
- Little theater movement -- North Carolina.
- College theater -- North Carolina.
- Theater -- Study and teaching -- North Carolina.
- Cherokee (N.C.)
- Chapel Hill (N.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Blackmer, Sidney, -- 1895-1973 -- Correspondence.
- Green, Paul, -- 1894-1981 -- Correspondence.
- Kyser, Kay. -- Correspondence.
- Robinson, Lennox, -- 1886-1958 -- Correspondence.
- Schary, Dore -- Correspondence.
- Simonson, Lee, -- 1888-1967 -- Correspondence.
- Wilder, Thornton, -- 1897-1975. -- Our town.
- Carolina Playmakers.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. -- Department of Dramatic Art.
- Cinderella (Play)
- Lost colony (Play)
- Our town (Play)
- Unto these hills (Play)
- Kyser, Kay -- Correspondence.
- College teachers -- North Carolina.
- Acting teachers -- North Carolina.