Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Fantasy fiction, English
Fantasy fiction, Juvenile
|Named Person:||Harry Potter, (Fictitious character); Harry Potter, (Fictitious character)|
|Material Type:||Fiction, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
J K Rowling; Mary GrandPré
|ISBN:||043935806X 9780439358064 0439567629 9780439567626 0439567610 9780439567619|
Sequel to: Harry Potter and the goblet of fire.
Sequel: Harry Potter and the half-blood prince.
|Awards:||American Library Association-YA (2004); Booklist Editor's Choice/Books for Youth (2003).|
|Description:||xi, 870 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Dudley demented --
A peck of owls --
The advance guard --
Number twelve, Grimmauld Place --
The Order of the Phoenix --
The noble and most ancient House of Black --
The Ministry of Magic --
The hearing --
The woes of Mrs. Weasley --
Luna Lovegood --
The Sorting Hat's new song --
Professor Umbridge --
Detention with Dolores --
Percy and Padfoot --
The Hogwarts High Inquisitor --
In the Hog's Head --
Educational Decree Number Twenty-Four --
Dumbledore's army --
The lion and the serpent --
Hagrid's tale --
The eye of the snake --
St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries --
Christmas on the closed ward --
The beetle at bay --
Seen and unforeseen --
The centaur and the sneak --
Snape's worst memory --
Career advice --
Out of the fire --
Fight and flight --
The Department of Mysteries --
Beyond the veil --
The only one he ever feared --
The lost prophecy --
The second war begins.
|Series Title:||Harry Potter, 5.|
|Responsibility:||by J.K. Rowling ; illustrations by Mary GrandPré.|
what is this book about? what kind of characters are in this book?
WorldCat User Reviews (3)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- 28 of 43 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
The longest book of the series. ALMOST the best.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, after four previous entries, is still great and spellbinding. This one, even at 870 pages (in the American edition, at least), does not even seem overly long, though it does take a good amount of sitting-time to read it. And once again,...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
Rowling Does It Again
Once again, Rowling writes a phenomenal book for all to enjoy. I have read all of the Harry Potter novels dozens of times, and yet, this is still my favorite novel. Many of my friends dislike this novel or believed it to be too slow. However, that is what I love about this book. The reader discovers...
- 18 of 22 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Potter, Harry -- (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Potter, Harry -- (Fictitious character)
- Granger, Hermione (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Weasley, Ron (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Imaginary organization) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Wizards -- Fiction.
- Magic -- Fiction.
- Schools -- Fiction.
- Coming of age -- Fiction.
- England -- Fiction.
- Granger, Hermione (Fictitious character)
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Imaginary organization)
- Weasley, Ron (Fictitious character)
- JUVENILE FICTION / Family / Orphans & Foster Homes.
- JUVENILE FICTION / Fantasy & Magic.
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Themes / Friendship.
User lists with this item (158)
- New Library Books(10 items)
by Carikes updated about 3 weeks ago
- Halloween Books(61 items)
by ahernandez13 updated about a month ago
- Senior Thesis(6 items)
by Madmonkey2411 updated about a month ago
- Banned/Challenged Children's Books (Banned Books Week)(58 items)
by HPU.SOE.Resource.Center updated 2016-09-12
- Young adult novel list(8 items)
by uwestlibrary updated 2016-09-07