Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Elementary and junior high school, Fiction|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
J K Rowling; Mary GrandPré
|ISBN:||0590353403 9780590353403 059035342X 9780590353427 0758700164 9780758700162 043936213X 9780439362139|
Sequel: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
|Performer(s):||Read by Jim Dale.|
|Awards:||ALA Notable Children's Book, 1999.|
|Description:||vi, 309 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||The Boy Who Lived --
The Vanishing Glass --
The Letters from No One --
The Keeper of the Keys --
Diagon Alley --
The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-quarters --
The Sorting Hat --
The Potions Master --
The Midnight Duel --
The Mirror of Erised --
Nicolas Flamel --
Norbert The Norwegian Ridgeback --
The Forbidden Forest --
Through the Trapdoor --
The Man with Two Faces --
|Other Titles:||Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone|
|Responsibility:||by J.K. Rowling ; illustrations by Mary GrandPré.|
WorldCat User Reviews (6)
Very interesting book that we discussed at the conference in detail......not as good as previous Harrys
- 1 of 3 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
First in Series
- 9 of 19 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
A great, sometimes overly-long, and overall magical beginning.
I was fascinated by how J.K. Rowling--a woman on English welfare--was so well-educated and so brilliant that she could compile all the mythology she had ever learned about and twist it all into Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Yep--everything from Fluffy the Three-Headed Dog to...
- 1 of 2 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
<div style="background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica,...
- 15 of 19 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
It gets better...
After the first book, I wasn't convinced. I've met many others who felt the same way, many of whom dropped the series then and there. If you feel that way, don't. Give it another shot. Rowling grows as a storyteller. Book two is much better and by book three you won't want to put them down until the...
- 8 of 12 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Potter, Harry (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Granger, Hermione (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Weasley, Ron (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Imaginary organization) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Wizards -- Juvenile fiction.
- Magic -- Juvenile fiction.
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction.
- England -- Juvenile fiction.
- Wizards -- Fiction.
- Magic -- Fiction.
- Schools -- Fiction.
- England -- Fiction.
- Harry Potter Series.
- Accelerated Reader.
- Fantasy fiction.
- Witches -- Fiction.
- School stories.
User lists with this item (206)
- Books I've Read(219 items)
by WayfaringArchivist updated about a month ago
- Larry read.(213 items)
by larrygodin updated 2014-05-14
- Monkeygirl28's Free Reading list(128 items)
by Monkeygirl28 updated 2014-04-24
- Things I Recommend(16 items)
by Tahtanista updated 2014-04-08
- Harry potter(1 items)
by lsergy updated 2014-01-23