Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Harry Potter, (Fictitious character); Harry Potter, (Fictitious character)|
|Material Type:||Elementary and junior high school, Fiction|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
J K Rowling; Mary GrandPré
|ISBN:||0590353403 9780590353403 059035342X 9780590353427 0758700164 9780758700162 043936213X 9780439362139|
Sequel: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
|Performer(s):||Read by Jim Dale.|
|Awards:||ALA Notable Children's Book, 1999.|
|Target Audience:||Middle School|
|Description:||vi, 309 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||The Boy Who Lived --
The Vanishing Glass --
The Letters from No One --
The Keeper of the Keys --
Diagon Alley --
The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-quarters --
The Sorting Hat --
The Potions Master --
The Midnight Duel --
The Mirror of Erised --
Nicolas Flamel --
Norbert The Norwegian Ridgeback --
The Forbidden Forest --
Through the Trapdoor --
The Man with Two Faces --
|Other Titles:||Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone|
|Responsibility:||by J.K. Rowling ; illustrations by Mary GrandPré.|
WorldCat User Reviews (7)
First in Series
- 10 of 20 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
Very interesting book that we discussed at the conference in detail......not as good as previous Harrys
- 2 of 5 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
A great, sometimes overly-long, and overall magical beginning.
I was fascinated by how J.K. Rowling--a woman on English welfare--was so well-educated and so brilliant that she could compile all the mythology she had ever learned about and twist it all into Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Yep--everything from Fluffy the Three-Headed Dog to...
- 2 of 3 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
<div style="background-image: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica,...
- 16 of 21 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
Book one of seven
This is an excellent start for a seven volume series. It was so captivating that I couldn't put it down
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Potter, Harry -- (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Granger, Hermione (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Weasley, Ron (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Imaginary organization) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Wizards -- Juvenile fiction.
- Magic -- Juvenile fiction.
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction.
- England -- Juvenile fiction.
- Wizards -- Fiction.
- Magic -- Fiction.
- Schools -- Fiction.
- England -- Fiction.
- Harry Potter Series.
- Accelerated Reader.
- Fantasy fiction.
- Witches -- Fiction.
- School stories.
- Potter, Harry -- (Fictitious character)
- Granger, Hermione (Fictitious character)
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Imaginary organization)
- Weasley, Ron (Fictitious character)
User lists with this item (232)
- Halloween(78 items)
by HPU.SOE.Resource.Center updated about 2 days ago
- Books I've Read(259 items)
by WayfaringArchivist updated about 3 days ago
- Banned Books Week(30 items)
by email@example.com updated about 2 weeks ago
- Banned Books(67 items)
by sbosler updated about 2 weeks ago
- Banned Books Week(32 items)
by laurabethcoleman updated about 2 weeks ago