|描述：||373 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.|
"Combining the popularity of ghost stories with the traditional aspects of a park trail guide, these creepy hikes lead courageous climbers and armchair adventurers through some of the scariest, most mysterious places in North America. Thoroughly investigated, yet often tongue-in-cheek, these tales behind the trails include the chupacabra that roams the swamps inside the Big Thicket National Preserve, the execution-style shooting of two General Motors executives at Crater Lake, and the pair of disembodied legs that have been seen running around inside the Mammoth Cave Visitor Center. A fright factor rating is listed for each hike, along with information on trailhead access, maps, and hike difficulty levels. From the wheelchair accessible to multi-day treks into the wilderness, the included trails cover a wide range of hiking abilities and even feature a haunted Louisiana bayou best reached by canoe or kayak."--Publisher description.
- National parks and reserves -- United States -- Anecdotes.
- Haunted places -- United States -- Anecdotes.
- Ghosts -- United States -- Anecdotes.
- Parapsychology -- United States -- Anecdotes.
- United States -- History, Local -- Anecdotes.
- National parks and reserves -- United States -- Guidebooks.
- Trails -- United States -- Guidebooks.
- Hiking -- United States -- Guidebooks.
- United States -- Guidebooks.