Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Trials, litigation, etc|
|Named Person:||Kathleen Sebelius; Kathleen Sebelius; Kathleen Sebelius|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Nathaniel Persily; Gillian E Metzger; Trevor W Morrison
|ISBN:||9780199301058 0199301050 9780199301065 0199301069|
|Description:||xiv, 386 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||Contributors ; Introduction, Nathaniel Persily, Gillian E. Metzger, and Trevor W. Morrison ; Part I Reflections on the Supreme Court's Decision ; 1 The Court Affirms the Social Contract ; Jack M. Balkin ; 2 Who Won the Obamacare Case? ; Randy E. Barnett ; 3 A Most Improbable 1787 Constitution: A (Mostly) Originalist Critique of the Constitutionality of the ACA ; Richard A. Epstein ; 4 The June Surprises: Balls, Strikes, and the Fog of War ; Charles Fried ; 5 Much Ado: The Potential Impact of the Supreme Court Decision Upholding the Affordable Care Act ; Robert N. Weiner ; Part II Lines of Argument: Commerce, Taxing and Spending, Necessary and Proper, and Due Process ; 6 The Missing Due Process Argument ; Jamal Greene ; 7 <"Necessary,>" <"Proper,>" and Health Care Reform ; Andrew Koppelman ; 8 The Presumption of Constitutionality and the Individual Mandate ; Gillian E. Metzger and Trevor W. Morrison ; 9 The Individual Mandate and the Proper Meaning of <"Proper>" ; Ilya Somin ; Part III The Important Role of the Chief Justice ; 10 Judicial Minimalism, the Mandate, and Mr. Roberts ; Jonathan H. Adler ; 11 Is it the Roberts Court? ; Linda Greenhouse ; 12 More Law than Politics: The Chief, the <"Mandate,>" Legality, and Statesmanship ; Neil S. Siegel ; 13 The Secret History of the Chief Justice's Obamacare Decision ; John Fabian Witt ; Part IV The Decision's Implications ; 14 Federalism by Waiver After the Health Care Case ; Samuel R. Bagenstos ; 15 The Health Care Case in the Public Mind: Opinion on the Supreme Court and Health Reform in a Polarized Era ; Andrea Louise Campbell and Nathaniel Persily ; 16 How Federalism Looks Now: Medicaid and the Nationalizing Effect of the Supreme Court's Old-Fashioned Federalism in Health Reform ; Abbe R. Gluck ; 17 Constitutional Uncertainty and the Design of Social Insurance: Reflections on the ACA Case ; Michael J. Graetz and Jerry L. Mashaw ; 18 The Affordable Care Act and the Constitution: Beyond National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius ; Timothy Stoltzfus Jost ; 19 Medicaid's Next Fifty Years: Aligning an Old Program With the New Normal ; Sarah Rosenbaum ; 20 Health Policy Devolution and the Institutional Hydraulics of the ACA ; Theodore W. Ruger|
|Other Titles:||Healthcare case|
|Responsibility:||edited by Nathaniel Persily, Gillian E. Metzger, and Trevor W. Morrison.|
"Truly one-stop shopping for anyone interested in understanding the meaning and significance of the historic health care cases of 2012. With contributions by some of the most insightful and
- Sebelius, Kathleen, -- 1948-
- United States. -- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- National Federation of Independent Business.
- Insurance, Health -- legislation & jurisprudence -- United States.
- Health Care Reform -- legislation & jurisprudence -- United States.
- National Federation of Independent Business -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Sebelius, Kathleen, -- 1948- -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Health insurance -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Medical care -- Finance -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Health care reform -- United States.
- Health care reform -- Economic aspects -- United States.
- Health care reform.
- Health care reform -- Economic aspects.
- Health insurance -- Law and legislation.
- Medical care -- Finance -- Law and legislation.
- United States.