Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Arthur Peabody, Jr.; American Bar Association. Section of Science & Technology Law.
|Description:||xxvi, 318 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm|
|Contents:||Electronic health records : how they work, what they document and how they advance patient care / Don Quackenbush --
Electronic health records : selecting the EHR solution and negotiating the licensing agreement / Lee Kim --
Regional extension centers : "boots on the ground" support of EHR technology in small physician practices / Nathan Gibson, Nicholas P. Heesters, Jr., and Adam Kehler --
Personal health records and patient portals : leveraging technology to empower and engage patients / Stephen A. Snyder --
Health information exchange : a critical foundation to improve health care value / Kate Berry and Jon Dimsdale --
Telemedicine : an expanding frontier in patient care / Mary P. Maiberger --
Electronic health and mobile health medical technology : platforms of innovation / Afia K. Asamoah [and 3 others] --
Medical devices in the digital age / David J. Sykeman [and 3 others] --
The role of social media in health care : the trend toward health care consumerism / Kathryn R. Coburn --
9/11 : a personal experience / Linda V. Tiano --
Contingency planning for health plans and providers : lessons from 9/11 / Linda V. Tiano and Daly D.E. Temchine --
The evolution of HIPAA : protecting the privacy of individuals in their physician's office, in the hospital, at the lab, as a subject of research, and throughout the world / Arthur E. Peabody, Jr. --
Electronic health records : technology standards and incentives for meaningful use / Arthur E. Peabody, Jr. --
The federal data breach notification law for breaches of protected health information / Arthur E. Peabody, Jr. and Lucy J. Thomson --
Safety risks associated with EHRs : how real? / Arthur E. Peabody, Jr. --
Health care data breaches and information security : addressing threats and risks to patient data / Lucy L. Thomson --
Data encryption : essential to afford security and privacy in health care / Eric A. Hibbard --
Enforcement under HIPAA and HITECH : why you need to worry again about HIPAA / Sarah E. Swank --
Enforcing HIPAA in the age of electronic health records : the view of the Office of Civil Rights from its director / Leon Rodriguez.
|Other Titles:||Healthcare IT|
|Responsibility:||Arthur Peabody, Jr., editor.|
- Health services administration -- Information technology -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Medical informatics -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Medical records -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Data protection -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Medical care -- Information technology -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Information storage and retrieval systems -- Medical care -- United States.
- Medical Informatics -- legislation & jurisprudence
- Medical Records Systems, Computerized -- legislation & jurisprudence
- Telemedicine -- legislation & jurisprudence
- Computer Security -- legislation & jurisprudence
- Information Storage and Retrieval -- legislation & jurisprudence
- Health Services Administration -- legislation & jurisprudence
- United States