Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Staines, Verdon S.
Health Sector Strategy for the Europe and Central Asia Region.
Washington, D.C. : World Bank, c1999
|Material Type:||Document, Government publication, International government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Verdon S Staines
|ISBN:||9780821344811 0821344811 0585183252 9780585183251|
|Notes:||At head of title: Human Development Network.|
|Description:||1 online resource (85 p.)|
|Series Title:||Health, nutrition, and population series.; World Bank e-Library.|
The health systems inherited by transition countries of Europe and Central Asia (ECA) are changing in response to fundamental and unprecedented challenges. Although the desired shape of future health systems in many ECA countries is discernible, the process for getting there must be invented along the way. A Health Sector Strategy for the Europe and Central Asia Region reviews substantive issues facing health policymakers in ECA. It summarizes the World Bank's experience so far in this arena and the lessons it suggests. Furthermore, it outlines both an external strategy by which the Bank's ECA health staff could assist countries to restructure their health systems and an internal strategy by which the staff could organize their own activities to achieve this result. The publication offers those outside the Bank a basis for professional dialogue to foster constructive change in the Bank's approaches. Part of the Health, Nutrition, and Population Series (HNP).
- Medical policy -- Former Soviet republics.
- Medical policy -- Europe, Eastern.
- Health planning -- Former Soviet republics.
- Health planning -- Europe, Eastern.
- World Bank -- Former Soviet republics.
- World Bank -- Europe, Eastern.
- Health Policy -- Asia, Central.
- Health Policy -- Europe.
- United Nations.
- Health Planning -- Asia, Central.
- Health Planning -- Europe.
- HEALTH & FITNESS -- Health Care Issues.
- MEDICAL -- Public Health.
- MEDICAL -- Health Policy.
- HEALTH & FITNESS -- Diseases -- General.
- MEDICAL -- Diseases.
- MEDICAL -- Health Care Delivery.
- Electronic books.
- World Bank.
- Health planning.
- Medical policy.
- Europe, Eastern.
- Soviet Union -- Former Soviet republics.