Sports event coverage and commentary
|提及的人：||Herbert Hoover; Charles Curtis; Nicholas Longworth|
Herbert Hoover; Charles Curtis; Nicholas Longworth; James A Bland; Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
Cataloged from copy lacking head and tail logos; title from intertitles. Volume and issue number, distributor, and release date (date of distribution to theater) from Hearst Corporation records.
Rights held by UCLA Film and Television Archive.
|内容：||Intertitles: Spain's internal struggle shown for first time. Metrotone gets scenes of loyal troops in Madrid quelling revolt threat. Marching under the flag as a pledge of allegiance. Spain's man of the hour, Admiral Aznar, the new premier --
Canadian ice plow rams choked river. Breaker Mikula smashes into St. Lawrence jam, clearing channel for merchant shipping --
Hoover at Capitol as Congress quits. President signs more than sixty bills when the Seventy-first Session adjourns. It's vacation time for Speaker Longworth of the House, and "the boys" [crowd on Capitol steps sings Carry me back to old Virginny] --
What Grandpa had to pick from. Paris shows how flappers charmed the boys of fifty years ago in the good old days --
Turf season on in England. British steeplechase riders come from winter quarters to resume hurdle jumping in meet at Plumpton --
Sometimes it pays to be chesty. Samson comes to life in Germany and a lot of modern Delilahs give him a tough time --
Skim peril spots high and low in daring flight. Northrup [sic] planes dip down into Death Valley and soar o'er Mt. Whitney.
- Hoover, Herbert, -- 1874-1964.
- Curtis, Charles, -- 1860-1936.
- Longworth, Nicholas, -- 1869-1931.
- United States. -- Congress.
- Northrop Corporation.
- Ice-breaking operations -- Saint Lawrence River.
- Ice-breaking operations -- Canada.
- Icebreakers (Ships)
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 19th century.
- Fashion shows -- France -- Paris.
- Steeplechasing -- England.
- Muscle strength -- Miscellanea.
- Spain -- History -- Revolution, 1931.
- Spain -- Armed Forces -- Spain -- Madrid.
- Washington (D.C.)
- Death Valley (Calif. and Nev.) -- Aerial photographs.
- Whitney, Mount (Calif.) -- Aerial photographs.