Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Shelf marks (Provenance)
Early works to 1800
Bibliography Catalogs Early works to 1800
|Named Person:||Henri Estienne; Robert Estienne; Estienne family.|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Henri Estienne; Robert Estienne
|Language Note:||In Latin, with some Greek.|
|Notes:||Open letter by Henri Estienne to his many friends concerning the state of his press, and publication plans for the Thesaurus linguae Graecae; along with the only publisher's catalog issued by Etienne, listing all books printed by him up to that date, as well as titles printed by his father, Robert, which were still in stock.
Imprint date precedes name of printer on t.p.
Signatures: [par.]-[4par.]⁸ a-b⁸.
Title vignette (Estienne device); head-pieces; initial.
Errors in pagination: p. 57 is numbered 21; p. 60 is numbered 42.
With: Appendix ad catalogum librorum officinae Henrici Stephani. [Geneva : Henri Estienne, 1574]; and  additional p., consisting of  blank p. and  p. of contemporary ms. additions to the Appendix.
Vellum over boards.
Unidentified shelf mark on verso of front endpaper.
|Description:||63, , 32 p. ; 18 cm. (8vo)|
|Other Titles:||Epistola qua ad multas multorum amicorum respondet|
- Estienne, Henri, -- 1531-1598 -- Catalogs.
- Estienne, Robert, -- 1503?-1559 -- Catalogs.
- Estienne family.
- Booksellers' catalogs -- Switzerland -- Geneva -- Early works to 1800.
- Printers -- Switzerland -- Geneva.
- Printing -- Switzerland -- Geneva.
- Booksellers and bookselling -- Switzerland -- Geneva -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.
- Thesaurus Graecae linguae.
- Classical literature -- Bibliography -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.