Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Picture books for children
Biography Juvenile literature
|Named Person:||Hank Aaron; Hank Aaron|
|Material Type:||Biography, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"Illustrations were done in watercolor, ink, and pencil."--P. facing t.p.|
|Awards:||Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2011|
|Target Audience:||008-012; Elementary Grade.|
|Description:||1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 31 cm.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Well laid out book with beautiful pictures
This is a large book, about 12" by 9" with beautiful pictures done in watercolor, ink, and pencil. It is published by Candlewick Press and written by Matt Tavares. His young life is written in story form vertically in the margins of every two pages.
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Aaron, Hank, -- 1934- -- Juvenile literature.
- Baseball players -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Baseball -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Discrimination in sports -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- Baseball players -- United States -- Biography.
- Baseball players.
- Sports -- Biography.
- Aaron, Hank, -- 1934-
- African Americans -- Biography.